8 December 2014

Topshop Whimsical Lipstick






Well I have officially lost my blogging mojo, if anyone has any tips on getting it back please let me know. I'm going to try and get a few posts up before Christmas in between all the shopping, wrapping and partying, cross my heart! To ease me back in to my old blogging routine I've got a Topshop lipstick review and I've had this one for quite a while but it got lost in the depths of my bag but has now been rediscovered!

Whimsical is a shade that I've wanted to try for ages and is described on the Topshop website as 'pinky nude' but I definitely see more orange than pink nevertheless it's a really nice everyday shade but I think it might be better suited to paler skin tones as similarly to MAC Sweet and Sour when I've been hitting the Xen Tan it can look a little stark. The formula is meant to be matte and although it isn't glossy I wouldn't say it was a true matte but saying that, this lipstick and dry lips do not go together at all as it goes on quite patchy as it is so if you've got any dryness going on it's just going to emphasize it. It's a shame that it doesn't go on as smoothly as I'd like and can get a little chalky as it wears because the shade is seriously lovely and when I've got it on it makes my skin look really pink and fresh. Now I've fished this out from the bottom of my bag hidden by Asda receipts and hair grips I'm going to slick on the lip balm and hopefully make the texture work for me because I love the shade!

                      Follow me on Twitter | Bloglovin' | Like me on Facebook

5 comments:

  1. The shade of the lipstick is gorgeous. I love your photography as well!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a gorgeous colour, perfect for the summer weather!! we're going to have to add this to our xmas wishlist :)

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a really sweet blog name :) I'm Mow a outfits and events blogger in Brighton! Please check my blog out if you have the time :) x
    http://extraterrestifool.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this color looks lovely, i really want to try their lipsticks!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you manage to get your blogging mojo back soon! Hopefully the new year will bring you some inspiration.

    I love the colour of this.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete